August 24, 2005

More Recipes

I’ve been researching some recipes on the Internet after Mom and I watched Tyler cook one of my favorite Mexican dishes. Since we had Masala last night, I was also reminded of another Indian favorite, saag. Saag means spinach and there is a lovely Indian spinach sauce that goes well with lamb or chicken. I have also had similar spinach sauce with chunks of potato as a vegetarian dish. Here are the recipes that I found and where I found them.

* From Food Network

Chiles Rellenos with Picadillo
Show: Food 911
Much too much work for me to have patience for, so I'll not be trying this one. They looked delicious though. It was interesting to learn how they made one of my favorite Mexican dishes. Most restaurants around here don't do them very well, but there is one I found. I would decrease the amount of chipotles in the picadillo filling. The ranchero sauce sounds simple enough and versatile; it can be used for Huevos Rancheros or burritos or whatever you like. I plan on trying it.

Huevos Rancheros
Show: Emeril Live

Chilaquiles con Pollo: Tortilla Casserole with Chicken Breast
Chef: Priscilla Satcoff
There were several recipes on the site for this delicious Mexican brunch favorite. This one had fewer specialized (read: probably hard to find) Mexican cheeses.

Green Chicken Chilaquiles Casserole
Written by: M.S. Milliken & S. Feniger
This one has more ingredients but also gets rave reviews and is easy to prepare.

Lamb with Spinach Sauce (Saag Gosht)
Show: Chef Du Jour

Spinach with Tomato (Saag)
Recipe courtesy of Madhur Jaffrey, World Vegetarian, Clarkson Potter, 1999


* From YumYum.com

California Style Huevos Rancheros

Huevos Rancheros #2

No comments: